Hello guest, if you read this it means you are not registered. Click here to register in a few simple steps, you will enjoy all features of our Forum.

Our community forum is now open, a warm welcome to all Richings Park residents. Please register in order to be able to post and start new threads (March 23, 2015)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Telephone & Internet Problems
Many people in Richings park are experiencing issues with their telephone and broadband connections. This is due to the Thorney Lane New Bridge works. Please keep the pressure on your provider to fix the problems. Some people have been without either service for over 10 days. Please note you must put pressure on your provider, Openreach will not deal with the consumer direct.
We had no phone and therefore no broadband for over a week in February, and I'm waiting to hear from BT how much compensation they are going to give us. Has anyone else received compensation from their provider?

Thanks

Julia
Hi Julia,
Yes I received compensation for disruption to service I was without both phone and broadband too. I didn't receive much about £40.00 in total and I was with SKY.
You can write to Gavin Patterson the CEO of BT his email address is gavin.e.patterson@bt.com, I contacted him on behalf of my in-laws and I got an immediate response from his PA and she put the senior service team in contact with me to quickly resolve the situation.
If you are still unhappy with the outcome after making a formal complaint ask your provider for a deadlock letter and then complain to OFCOM.
(23-03-2015, 07:56 PM)Lindsey Wrote: Hi Julia,
Yes I received compensation for disruption to service I was without both phone and broadband too. I didn't receive much about £40.00 in total and I was with SKY.
You can write to Gavin Patterson the CEO of BT his email address is gavin.e.patterson@bt.com, I contacted him on behalf of my in-laws and I got an immediate response from his PA and she put the senior service team in contact with me to quickly resolve the situation.
If you are still unhappy with the outcome after making a formal complaint ask your provider for a deadlock letter and then complain to OFCOM.

Hello Cllr. Griffin

Thanks for your email to Gavin and for speaking with me today. I’m very sorry to hear many residents all experienced similar disruptions to their phone service along with you in February.

As discussed from the fault notes there’s no mention of an outage affecting many people and the fault notes show it was fixed on the fourth day, 24 February.

I’ll look into the situation of fibre broadband to your cabinet, currently it’s showing not yet enabled for fibre. This may take 5 to 10 days to investigate but I’ll get back to you as soon as I have the information.

In the meantime I’ve registered your interest/desperation for the fibre broadband so that our sales team will contact you when it does become available.

Best wishes

Pip Nicholls
Executive Level Complaints; BT Consumer
Tel: 01277 326107 | Fax: 01925 444 978 | E:mail: pip.nicholls@bt.com | http://www.bt.com
Thank you for the update Paul, I emailed them again on Wednesday as I still have not had a reply. Ruth Vigor Hedderly promised to look into it but is not responsing to my emails it would be great if you make some progress with this and get some answers for us.

here is a copy of my email which copied in Dominic Grieve & Gavin Patterson

Dear Annette,
I  still await a response from you concerning the delay in the fibre availability in Richings Park . (cabinet 9 )  A number of weeks have passed and it is disappointing that despite my request below on 23rd February, I have received no information as to why we are part of the Commercial Rollout and not the connected Counties.

Our residents want to know what is going on especially after George Osbornes reference to bringing superfast broadband to 'almost' all in the budget!
"Over 80 percent of the population have access to superfast broadband and there are six million customers of 4G that our auction made possible. Today we set out a comprehensive strategy so we stay ahead," he said.
Can you please tell me why Richings Park (exchange accepting orders) is in the 20% whom don't have superfast broadband and our service of late has been appalling with many residents losing their service completely.
I would like to know who makes the decision that we are not to be included in the Connected Counties and would really appreciate a reply as this is my third request.
I look forward to hearing from you.