Hello guest, if you read this it means you are not registered. Click here to register in a few simple steps, you will enjoy all features of our Forum.

Our community forum is now open, a warm welcome to all Richings Park residents. Please register in order to be able to post and start new threads (March 23, 2015)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
April News letter
Message sent by

Marion Davis (Police, Neighbourhood Policing Administrator, Chiltern and South Bucks)

Please find below the update from your neighbourhood policing team, (NHPT)

We’ve had eight burglaries in March, six in Iver and two in Stoke Poges. The entry points have been various, and using various tools.  An insecure door appears still to be the favourite way of entry, along with smashing glass in windows and forcing locks.  As I said in my March newsletters, look at your house and decided where you would get in if you didn’t have your keys on you.  Have you left a window open or the back door?  Is there a window that can be smashed, taking the keys from the inside of the lock which would allow an offender/s to let themselves in? All of these ways are available to the opportunist burglar who is just looking round waiting for the right house to burgle. I was once told that the average burglar is in the house for about three minutes.  I don’t know if this is exact, but it would account for the mess they usually leave as they search for stuff to steal.  They are looking for the easy way in and quick easy stuff to steal.  The chances are they won’t steal your 50” flat screen, but they will take jewellery, play station, iPads etc.  Quick stuff they can put in a holdall or their pockets and sell quickly.  Lastly, just be aware of handbags left by front doors, or car keys left on the hook by the front door or in full view.  In the unlikely event that you are burgled, (and it is still rare),  you do not want your car keys to be found and that stolen as well!  That would just be insulting, and the chances are they would steal your 50” flat screen!

This link is for help in securing your home and garden.   http://www.thamesvalley.police.uk/home-garden-security .

I’m still Twitter trained and haven’t embarrassed the force by tweeting something inappropriate yet!  Please humour me, (and make me feel important), by following https://twitter.com/TVP_SouthBucksand retweeting some of our messages. 

As ever, please report anything you think is suspicious or ‘just not right’.  We are genuinely not inconvenienced by these calls and would much prefer someone to call us to report something which turns out to be ok, than leave it and it become a crime.

Potential Scam
From the middle of January 2015 there have been a number of fraud offences predominantly in Windsor & Maidenhead that have links nationally and involve the following modus operandi:

A white male calls at the home of an elderly person that has previously been the victim of rogue trading, sometimes several years ago. The male purports to be from Trading Standards and states that the original builders are under investigation. The offender claims money is required from the victim for investigations to continue or compensation to be claimed. Victims have handed over in cash or transferred via the banking system thousands of pounds to date, in offences identified nationwide. Trading Standards would never do this.

If you or anyone you know has been a victim of this or any other scam then call 101 or if happening at the time then dial 999.

Finally, this is my last newsletter for the Iver, Stoke Poges and Wexham Neighbourhoods as I have moved on.  I’m only over the neighbourhood border in Beaconsfield, Gerrards cross & Denham neighbourhood and so will continue to know what is going on.  Please feel free to contact me if you need to.  My replacement is PS 4020 Steve Price (no relation) and he is very keen to be in Iver neighbourhood. 

So the Iver, Stoke Poges and Wexham neighbourhood team now consist of PS 4020 Steve Price,  PC 7404 Gary Ashton, PC 6421 Phil Thomson and PC 6901 Barry Burnell.  We also have PCSO’s, C8609 Phil Whitely, C9238 Rav Lewis and C9436 Kam Benawra.  The team email box is: iverstokepoges&Wexham@thamesvalley.pnn.police.uk.  Please feel free to email the team with any queries you may have. 

Have your Say
FRIDAY 17TH APRIL (1600-1630) COOP, TABARD SQUARE, BELLS HILL, STOKE POGES.
17th  APRIL 1800 -1900 IVER POLICE STATION PCSO Whitley
 SATURDAY 18TH APRIL.  HARVEY HALL, GEORGE GREEN ROAD, GEORGE GREEN, WEXHAM (1510-1530).
FRIDAY 24TH APRIL. ST ANDREWS CHURCH COFFEE SHOP, ROGERS LANE, STOKE POGES (1100-1130).
SATURDAY 25TH APRIL. BLACK PARK CAFE, BLACK PARK, WEXHAM. (1000-1030).