Hello guest, if you read this it means you are not registered. Click here to register in a few simple steps, you will enjoy all features of our Forum.

Our community forum is now open, a warm welcome to all Richings Park residents. Please register in order to be able to post and start new threads (March 23, 2015)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HGVs to be routed through Richings Park!
We have been notified that the planning hearing into this application will be held on 9th June.  Bucks County Council are recommending approval with a condition that all the HGV traffic comes via Richings Park.  They are also recommending long operating hours for the plant.  Residents should register their concerns with the new cabinet member for transportation at Bucks County Council markshaw@buckscc.gov.uk
Thank you Wendy,
Graham young has put the following information up on the  Richings Park Residents Association Website
The Planning Officers are recommending that the committee approve the application but have given flawed advice on HGV movements.  The officers have requested that HGVs from the site should not travel through Richings Park or Iver Village but have somehow concluded that Thorney Lane South, Richings Way and North Park are not in Richings Park and can therefore take the extremely large lorries that this proposal would result in!  The officers have also accepted an undertaking from Stobart that their lorry movements would not exceed 75 per day and incorrectly stated that this would result in a reduction in lorry movements from the site as a whole.  They have not taken into account that Quattro will still be operating their business which gives around 150 movements per day.  This means that the site would increase by 50% in terms of movements.  The Parish Council will be making their objections heard at the meeting but it would add to our cause if residents could also write in with their objections to increased lorry movements in general.  

The person to email is Councillor Mark Shaw ( Cabinet Member for Highways & Transportation ) whose email address is markshaw@buckscc.gov.uk

Thank you
(04-06-2015, 12:24 PM)Admin Wrote: Thank you Wendy,
Graham young has put the following information up on the  Richings Park Residents Association Website
The Planning Officers are recommending that the committee approve the application but have given flawed advice on HGV movements.  The officers have requested that HGVs from the site should not travel through Richings Park or Iver Village but have somehow concluded that Thorney Lane South, Richings Way and North Park are not in Richings Park and can therefore take the extremely large lorries that this proposal would result in!  The officers have also accepted an undertaking from Stobart that their lorry movements would not exceed 75 per day and incorrectly stated that this would result in a reduction in lorry movements from the site as a whole.  They have not taken into account that Quattro will still be operating their business which gives around 150 movements per day.  This means that the site would increase by 50% in terms of movements.  The Parish Council will be making their objections heard at the meeting but it would add to our cause if residents could also write in with their objections to increased lorry movements in general.  

The person to email is Councillor Mark Shaw ( Cabinet Member for Highways & Transportation ) whose email address is markshaw@buckscc.gov.uk

Thank you

This is the proposed exit route from their plan

I wrote to Mark Shaw and asked why the planning officers did not consider Thorney Lane South, Richings Way and North Park to be a part of Richings park and whether he had spoken with the planning officers about the application before the decision was made.  He replied:

"I totally understand the concerns of local residents at the outcome of the application. The views put forward by our officer team are based on professional and legal knowledge - to that extent I am afraid I have no input to any decisions that are made.

I know Iver well and understand the impact it will have and to that extent I am meeting over the coming weeks with elected representatives from Iver to see what can be done to relieve the burden on Iver's current road network."

Watch this space...
Thank you Lisa please let us know if you hear anything further