Hello guest, if you read this it means you are not registered. Click here to register in a few simple steps, you will enjoy all features of our Forum.

Our community forum is now open, a warm welcome to all Richings Park residents. Please register in order to be able to post and start new threads (March 23, 2015)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do we need a Residents Parking Scheme Or controlled parking zones?
There has been no provison made for parking with the new Crossrail service. We have the only station that is in a residential area and at the moment we are inundated with
cars using our streets as a commuter carpark.
We need to look into solving the problem before the completion of Crossrail and so far there has been no feedback from the consultation that took place well over a year ago.
Please discuss ideas and possible solutions to this problem here.
(10-02-2015, 04:27 PM)Admin Wrote: There has been no provison made for parking with the new Crossrail service. We have the only station that is in a residential area and at the moment we are inundated with
cars using our streets as a commuter carpark.
We need to look into solving the problem before the completion of Crossrail and so far there has been no feedback from the consultation that took place well over a year ago.
Please discuss ideas and possible solutions to this problem here.

I seriously think that if the current situation continues then we should rename the village 'Richings Carpark' it is impossible to park to use our local shops and so surely local business suffers. we should apply to have restricted parking to stop commuters parking all day long.
Wink 

To properly control commuter parking will require a residents only scheme to be applied to any roadside location within about a mile from the station. To obtain this a positive vote is required of at least 80% of those households that would be affected by such a scheme. Informal inquiries in the past have shown that this would not be achievable. Maybe it has to get really bad before people will vote to make it better?
How do the residents who live on the roads affected feel ? I know the business owners are losing business which is worrying. I spoke to one gentleman who comes from Staines everyday for the free parking to commute to London. Even if Crossrail put in a carpark the issue will only get worse I feel.
Do we have a facility of voting on this forum. It would be good to find out what the percentage in favour or against residents parking zones is.
As a resident of Wellesley Avenue, the parking situation is only getting worse as commuters are making most of the free parking. I have no objection to people parking on our roads to visit the shops, but I'm not a fan of the commuters using the station and then leaving behind their vehicles behind for the whole day.

I would be in support of a parking restriction on our roads where you are not allowed to park for no more than 3 hours. This should prevent commuters to parking their cars on the roads whilst allowing people to visit the shops, as I don't imagine you would need to park your car for more than 3 hours to visit the shops.

As far as visiting family and friends are concerned, most of the houses in Richings Park have sufficient driveways to cater for visitors.
I live on Bathurst Walk and last year we were consulted on in regard to putting yellow lines on the road, many of us presumed it was happening but the council have now gone quiet. I'm also fed up with the amount of commuter traffic up and down the road and driving up the verges to get past each other - the verges are ruined!
I'd be up for Residents/restricted parking.
I don't live on the side roads near the station so I can only imagine your annoyance. Perhaps the residents in those areas should park their cars on the roads if only to stop the daily hoggers! The issue is that it's free. Pay and display between the commuter hours will stop those tight wads, and I could see the benefit of resident parking although I don't entirely agree with the local council benefiting (cash-wise) unless it goes straight back into the coffers for the area. I can't see that happening. CrossRail need to provide a car park and we need to be able to support our local businesses. As it is, I avoid that area these days. Shame really.
I agree that we need a parking scheme for residents only and a 2-3 hour wait time for non residents. It's getting really bad now. I live on Somerset Way and not only is the volume of cars increasing but they are now regularly partially blocking my driveway access. I have phoned the police a few times who have done very little. I think we need to push for this now.