Hello guest, if you read this it means you are not registered. Click here to register in a few simple steps, you will enjoy all features of our Forum.

Our community forum is now open, a warm welcome to all Richings Park residents. Please register in order to be able to post and start new threads (March 23, 2015)


Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username/Email:
  

Password
  





Search Forums

(Advanced Search)

Latest Threads
Slough proposal to annex ...
Forum: Slough BC Emerging Local Plan
Last Post: RPark1
26-06-2017, 04:14 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 5,072
Overgrown grass verges/tr...
Forum: Councillor Wendy Matthews
Last Post: Paula Bains
24-06-2017, 09:52 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 799
Cabinet 9 is now in Build...
Forum: Broadband/Internet
Last Post: Paula Bains
08-06-2017, 02:13 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 1,385
Construction of a 250 veh...
Forum: Local Planning Applications
Last Post: harry7
04-04-2017, 01:41 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1,634
Imperial College Research...
Forum: Noise and Air Pollution Research
Last Post: LisaP
23-02-2017, 02:33 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1,201
Public exhibition of rede...
Forum: Thorney Lane Business Park Redevelopment
Last Post: LisaP
23-02-2017, 02:04 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3,039
bathurst walk copper and ...
Forum: Crime & Crime Prevention - Get a Free Security Check
Last Post: Smartley
29-01-2017, 02:25 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1,435
Breedon consultation even...
Forum: Proposed Development of Thorney Mill Rail Sidings
Last Post: LisaP
27-01-2017, 03:10 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2,307
Object to this applicatio...
Forum: Wallingford Road Planning Application
Last Post: LisaP
12-01-2017, 09:18 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3,660
Do we need a Residents Pa...
Forum: Richings 'Car' Park We need to reclaim our streets from the Commuters
Last Post: Ksbembey
22-12-2016, 11:43 AM
» Replies: 14
» Views: 10,322

 
  2016 WRAtH Consultations - Please attend!
Posted by: Admin - 06-02-2016, 04:22 PM - Forum: Western Rail Access to Heathrow (WRAtH) All Updates Will be posted here - Replies (1)

Richings Park Golf Club  Tues 23rd Feb 1 - 5pm, Wed 24th Feb 1 - 5pm

Richings Park Sports Club  Thurs 25th Feb 12 - 4pm

Iver Jubilee Pavilion, Iver Recreation Ground  Mon 29th Feb 4 - 8pm, Tues 1st March 12 - 4pm
Wed 2nd March 12 - 4 pm.

They are going to close Mansion Lane, no alternative road, no contribution to a relief road, all traffic diverted onto on our roads permanently. What they are going to do with the HGVs?

Print this item

  Minutes 15 December 2015
Posted by: Admin - 25-01-2016, 08:23 AM - Forum: Next Residents Association meeting - 25-07-2016 - No Replies


.pdf   Minutes of Committee Meeting 15-December 2015.pdf (Size: 404.53 KB / Downloads: 5)

Print this item

  Carols, Mulled Wine & Mince Pies!
Posted by: Admin - 10-12-2015, 09:43 AM - Forum: Richings Park Sports Club - No Replies

   

Print this item

  Thank you Everybody who helped
Posted by: Admin - 10-12-2015, 09:37 AM - Forum: 18th November Tidy up event a Huge success - No Replies

We had a successful tidy up event in the shop area on November 18th 2015 . Crossrail sent a team along to help and we managed to collect over 70 bags of leaves and rubbish.

   

Print this item

  Love where you Live Campaign
Posted by: Admin - 10-12-2015, 09:33 AM - Forum: Richings Park - Love the Place you Live! - No Replies

   

Print this item

  How to spend our Money 2016-2017
Posted by: Admin - 27-11-2015, 05:00 PM - Forum: Buckinghamshire County Council & South Bucks District Council - No Replies

How would you like the County Council to spend your council tax next year. They are forecasting a 3.99% rise.

   

Please click here to take part in the survey

Print this item

  Progress pictures 13-11-2015
Posted by: Admin - 13-11-2015, 06:00 PM - Forum: Thorney Bridge Updates - No Replies

   
   
   

Print this item

  Criticism - Slough’s Heathrow rail link as British Airways warns Govt of “boosterism'
Posted by: Admin - 08-11-2015, 10:47 AM - Forum: Western Rail Access to Heathrow (WRAtH) All Updates Will be posted here - No Replies

Taken courtesy of Colnbrook views

   




British Airways says it supports the view that a strategic assessment be made of future schemes to determine “the priority order which maximises customer and regional benefits”.  It warns that the range of surface access links currently planned may not meet the conditions necessary to offer a viable substitute to regional air service links to the Heathrow hub.

But it has also added its own voice to the local concern that priority calls need to be made with respect to competing projects, singling out the Langley HS2 depot relocation and western rail access for specific attention.
BA stresses the importance of improved public transport links to meet the EU air quality directive, noting that the number of ground vehicles travelling to and from the airport are “the most significant source of NOX emissions”, in contrast to Heathrow’s claims.

Quote:… improved surface access will be the key to getting approval for expansion and ability to enable timely use of this capacity
But the airline criticises the influence that certain groups are wielding over specific schemes that may not be in the wider interest:
“The government should be wary of “boosterism”, where local interest groups may have an incentive to talk up benefits without bearing responsibility for any business case shortfall.”
The comment appears to be a swipe at Slough Borough Council’s promotion of the Western Rail Link to Heathrow which rivals the Windsor Link Railway and has been “developed in isolation”.
BA has used the opportunity of a submission to a Transport Select Committee inquiry to lambast the policy of successive Governments for failings that include missed opportunities to improve links to Heathrow, and a lack of joined up thinking.
“Unfortunately government policy in this area, as with wider aviation policy, has failed to deliver integrated and affordable transport solutions. An obvious example is the choice of route for HS2 Phase 1, which by-passes Heathrow, the UK’s principal international gateway”.
BA’s submission to the committee’s inquiry into surface access to airports will give some comfort to those local groups, and most recently Iver Parish Council, which have called for a joined up approach to infrastructure projects competing to impose years of disruption on Colnbrook and surrounding areas.

Print this item

  Date Change to Noisy piling Work - 27-10-2015
Posted by: Admin - 28-10-2015, 11:36 AM - Forum: Crossrail Announcements & Updates - Are they keeping you awake? - No Replies

   

Print this item

  Minutes 23rd September 2015
Posted by: Admin - 25-10-2015, 05:56 PM - Forum: Richings Park Residents Association - your voice - No Replies

RICHINGS PARK RESIDENTS’ ASSOCIATION

MINUTES OF COMMITTEE MEETING 23 SEPTEMBER 2015, RPSC, 8 PM
 
Present: Wendy Matthew (Chair), Muhktar Ali, Maureen Atkinson, Lindsey Beagle, Jan Wiseman (Minutes), Maureen Worrall
 
In Attendance:  Bobby Rai.  Wendy welcomed Bobby Rai, who lives at 2 Somerset Way.
 
Apologies:  Sue Barber, Alan Barrett, Stewart O’Malley, Daphne Wood, Graham Young.
 
1          Minutes of Previous Meeting (30 July 2015):  the minutes were accepted as a true and accurate record.
 
2          Matters Arising and Other Issues
Airport Commission Report/Heathrow Expansion.  There may be a response from the Government by Christmas.  There are many issues surrounding the Davies report:  their database seems to be inaccurate or has had strange interpretations put on it.  There is no chance of meeting air quality standards and the Chief Executive of Heathrow Airport Ltd has written to airlines pointing out that the cost of increased compensation means that airlines should pay more. The cost to the public purse has also been ignored in the Report: for example moving the A4, M25, and improving surface access.  All such costs have been included in the Gatwick bid.  Many pressure groups are coming together to put pressure on the Government.
 
LAANC (Local Authority Airport Noise Council)/ Local Forum/ Noise Forum:  Wendy attended – the problem of increased aircraft noise has finally been recognised.  Wendy raised the issue of ground noise:  the noise arising from engine testing is a common nuisance.  Early morning/late night noise should be reported on the website; our forms are sent to Heathrow every week.
 
Noise monitor:  Heathrow’s noise monitoring report has finally admitted that we have aircraft noise issues here.  Graham has put the report online.  HACAN (Heathrow Airport Community Against Noise) have produced the results of their noise monitoring and there are associated maps giving a snapshot of flights out for all areas.  It is clear we are overflown at the moment.  Smell of aircraft fuel: if aircraft fuel is smelt strongly it suggests planes are illegally discharging fuel in the air.  Please report it on the environmental health South Bucks website.
 
Meeting with Heathrow Airport Ltd (HAL):  there is a meeting at the Tower Arms, 7.30 pm 24 September to tell us of implications of the 3rd runway for us.  There are many issues we must raise: runway noise: no increased public transport offer, no compensation offer.  We do not know future flight paths but all airports must reduce the number of people impacted by noise.  That means they must fly over least populated areas ie us.  We will be under a flight path, and it is appalling that we have been left out of any compensation package.  Heathrow’s local development:  this still on the cards for the land to east of Thorney Lane N.
 
HAL have produced a report on their current improved public transport offer for Heathrow, to decrease pollution from surface traffic. 
 
Meeting Dominic Grieve:  now rescheduled to 11 December 6 pm. RPSC.  Dominic Grieve is now on the Parliamentary Committee on Intelligence. 
 
Airspace Reconfiguration:  Wendy attending the meeting.  There is clearly a lack of trust between local communities, and the airport (including CAA/NATS).  The CAA are responsible for organising the airspace but there is a gap between them and local opinion.  Independent consultants have been appointed:  there is a meeting on Friday 25 September for them to assess what local people want in any consultation between the airport and the public. There are the usual issues:  the airport are not trusted, the local community is not listened to. Government have to reorganise airspace as it is an EU initiative.
 
Highways Updates – Verges/Pavements/Roads:  Lindsay reported that she is continually tweeting. Transport for Bucks (TfB) at Bucks County Council respond with case numbers but no action. We have asked for a meeting with Mark Shaw, the Cabinet member who took over from Ruth.  There is a Local Authorities’ Forum (LAF) meeting at Jubilee Pavilion, Iver Recreation Ground on 7 October.  From 7 pm senior officers of TfB will be there so ask them your questions.
 
Maureen reported constant noise from the siren at the gate on Step Properties’ premises by the station, previously reported by Muhktar.  Wendy responded that this has been resolved
 
Pavements:  we are using Local Authority Forum money to repair some areas of pavement in North Park.
 
Area round Shops – Parking Consultation:  there has still been no response from Transport for Bucks, Bucks CC, on the parking.  Planters: the BT cover has affected the siting of the planter, which is off centre.  The planter is self-watering. We will look for funding for three more. Lindsey has planted up the tubs by Costcutters and Café O and these shops will water them. 
 
Trees:  no further progress.  Residents’ Garden: being maintained.
 
Richings Park Business Association:  a Bucks Business First meeting was held on 8 September, attended by five of our local shop owners.  A follow- up meeting has been arranged.
 
Clear up Richings Park Day:   Wendy has asked Crossrail, and up to 10 of their staff will help.  Hopefully this will take place at a weekend.  Date to be confirmed
 
Thorney Sidings/Thorney Mill Road:  the Aggregate site has been divided into plots which they are trying to let on short leases.  Wendy has checked and the planning conditions originally set still apply.  There were concerns from Thorney Mill Road about anti-social hours being worked by the site-clearing contractors.  Environmental officers stepped in to enforce standard working hours. 
 
Cycle Path:  BCC have decided to create a direct public footpath in Iver between Colne Orchard and Grangeway.  It will then be upgraded to a cycle path
 
Broadband: BT has put back the deadline again to 2017.
 
Sewage Flies:  there is still a problem and the primary cause is the sewage works.  However Olu has been assessing possible secondary colonisation in Richings Park.  He has issued an order to both stables to remove existing manure piles and have a manure management programme.  The flies will soon stop breeding this year and we will continue to monitor the situation next spring.
 
SIFE (Slough International Freight Exchange):  there has been an appeal hearing about this proposed huge development on Sutton Lane/A4:  three huge warehouses each at least as big as terminal 5.  The furthest one will be right at end of Old Slade Lane.  They will generate 7000 HGVs a day.  Slough District Council objected and turned it down and we have also made representations about its impact on us.
 
Lakeside Liaison Meeting:  Maureen Worrall reported on the meeting at the Grundon Estates Office of the Lakeside Liaison Group.  Wendy attended on behalf of the Parish Council and Maureen on behalf of the Residents’ Association. There were discussions on relocating the plant if the third runway goes ahead
 
Our ‘No HGV’ notices have been effective in reducing lorry traffic on roads within Richings Park.
 
3          Date of Next Meetings:  Wednesday 28 October, Tuesday 24 November
 
4          Treasurer’s Report:   none in the absence of the Treasurer.
 
5          Planning/Enforcement
Of the list included in the agenda, the following were discussed:
 
Heathrow Runway Alterations: the appeal hearing is on-going and nothing further has been heard.  There are many retrospective applications for outbuildings in Richings Park.  The Fox and Pheasant site has been sold, presumably to another developer who will start the planning process again. No further news on the progress of the ‘pink shop’, although part of an extension has had to be taken down.
 
6          Heathrow/Hub Station/ Crossrail
WRatH:  this project, which was our hope for a relief road, is now on hold for the foreseeable future.  Electrification of the Great Western mainline is now Network Rail’s priority.
 
HS2 Langley Depot:  our petition against the proposed Heathrow Express depot in Langley was deposited by Wendy in the House of Commons.  There has been no response but we have had an email to say that it has been accepted by the Select Committee and is awaiting scrutiny to see if our case has been made.
BCC have been called to appear at the HS2 hearing in October.  The Parish website has several other petitions relevant to us – Slough Borough Council’s is particularly impressive.  If we get to see the Select Committee we will say it is unacceptable not to have a relief road to deal with HGV impact, however modified.  In total over 1000 people attended the daytime presentation in Iver Village Hall, and 900 in Langley.  We are putting out a message that there is a very high level of local opposition to HS2.
 
Crossrail:  the new rail bridge is being assembled.  Piling work is ongoing and the noise has affected properties as far away as Slough.  Muhktar’s efforts have encouraged pressure to be put on Crossrail to consult residents in Bathurst Walk.  There has been a recent example of poor communication:  Crossrail sent a poorly worded and inaccurate letter to residents in Bathurst cul de sac stating that their gardens would be entered and trees cut back.  Residents were angered and Wendy together with Tony Hill of Bathurst Walk convened a meeting on 22 September with them, Crossrail and the tree officer from South Bucks.  Residents from 14 of the affected properties turned up, almost one hundred per cent attendance.  Crossrail apologised and now each resident will have an individual visit which will include advice from an arboreculturalist. Residents will also push for compensation.  Tony Hill will arrange a follow-up meeting.
 
Car Park: no further information on the station car park. 
 
7          Report from Parish Council:
Wendy asked for responses to South Bucks’ local planning consultation which is on the website.  The Parish Council will also draw up a neighbourhood plan for the area.  This is a legal planning document which has to be taken into account and will highlight local issues such as:  green belt, HGV’s, relief road. The Parish has a planning consultant to help and there will be local consultation meetings.   Once we have a neighbourhood plan we can apply to South Bucks for 25% of the infrastructure levy, also known as schedule 106 money, which will give us control of funds at a local level.  
 
8          Report from County/District Councils:  none
 
9          Any Other Business
Electricity substation next to 2 Somerset Way:  Bobby has reported it and Southern Electric will repair the roof which has asbestos in it.
 
Flytipping:  Muhktar reported to BCC that large tree stumps had been dumped on the M25 bridge.
 
Air Quality: Lindsey has arranged to meet a company which produces air quality sensors which can be set up in local areas.  Funding is an issue:  councils are not allowed to pay as the monitoring must be seen to be unbiased.  Lindsey will discuss the outcome of her meeting with Wendy and Graham.  Action: Lindsey
 
The meeting ended at 10 pm.

Print this item